Saturday, October 17, 2009

First Time Here

First time here with using the whole 'blog' thing. Just trying to feel things out, see how it all goes.

Basically, my name is Matt but I'm known on youtube as Ramboraph. As you can tell, the name's from both my love of the Rambo films (and the actor, Sylvester Stallone) and my love for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles since I was a kid (especially the character of Raphael).

My time on youtube has been a lot of fun. I've been able to talk to CK and Uncle Bill, who are the two guys who run the horror radio talk show Deadpit. You can find them at http://www.deadpit.com/ and they've done a lot of great interviews as well as entertaining shows. Plus they're just nice fellas, so to speak. They've interviewed John Carpenter, George Romero, Tom Savini, James Wan, Zach Galligan, John Carl Buechler, Tom Holland, Fred Dekker, Lloyd Kaufman, Charles Band, and many others.

These two guys have actually mentioned me on a few shows, and they've admitted that they are fans of mine. I even got a 'youtuber of the week' honor from them, and they offered me a part on their show called "Rambo's Rants". I did a few, which were fun, but there were some people (not all, just some) who really and I mean REALLY didn't care for it. Extremely hateful comments from some of those people. Not CK and UB's fault at all, it just happens. So I left (even though they wanted me to stay, and said that the position will always be open if I ever want to return to it).

I've made many great, wonderful friends (as well as fans).

*Sierra12 - Efree, who is a native of New York. Funny, laid back, extremely nice, respectful of people's opinions and has an infectious laugh. He loves Summer Glau and the Sarah Connor Chronicles. He does movie reviews and is great to watch. He also said that he was influenced to do videos because of me and Mike (OCP0004). One of my best friends, and proud of it. Efree, Me, and Mike are kind of like a 'band of brothers', as Mike had called it.

*OCP0004 - Mike. Uploads a lot of movie trailers on youtube. But occasionally he also makes reviews, tributes, and has a bunch of other channels including SonofHorrificCinema (uploads forgotten horror films), FilmSound0001, CheezyAsHell, among others. He's a big fan of Robocop (hence the name) and does a lot of rants on WMG, crappy DVD releases like the Poltergeist 25th Anniversary one, among other stuff. Said he started doing videos and tributes from watching my stuff. Another one of my best friends, and proud of it.

*Phantassm - Michael King. Awesome reviewer, very informative, and great videos. Did a Resident Evil 3 marathon which was gold, is a big Transformers fan, and is a big inspiration for reviews. I rememeber that it was a video "like or dislike: you decide" in which he mentioned that he respected me, liked my videos/reviews, and said yeah we have differences (and made a joke about skin color, he's Black and I'm White) but we both respect each other. And I have tremendous respect for that guy. Extremely nice and kind, and hope to get to talk to him one day via skype or whichever way.

*Wildmanbeyond, Annericelover (Eric), Actionfan89 (John), Blairwitch63 (Kim), Marioraidium (Mario), & Samfashion are among the others that I've met on youtube.


Now at this point, October 16, 2009, I have about 1,625 subscribers and about 930 uploads, which is pretty amazing for me. Especially for someone who just blows air out of his ass being reviewing movies, making tributes, and just doing randon stuff/videos in order to be entertaining. But I thank each and every one of them for everything they've done.

From youtube, I was also a brief co-host on a podcast called Fightrunner (which after a few episodes of talking with those guys, they pretty much shut things down due to equipment failure or time or something like that...but it was nice when it lasted).

There was one time when a woman (very good looking too :D) paid me about $100 just to rip footage for them so that they could use it for their reviews. Not a bad way to make money (and see movies that they would send to me via Netflix so I could rip it, and then send the footage to them via rapidshare or something like that).

I've been lucky to have people send me free movies. Nicklert sent me a copy of "The Perfect Weapon" with Jeff Speakman, Pizowell sent me a copy of "Brick" for winning a drawing from a contest, Efree sent me "Savage Streets" - "Running Scared" - "The Dark Knight" and others, and Jdog sent me some episodes of "I'm With Busey".

Plus it seems I've actually gotten comments from (kinda) celebrities because of my reviews or videos. A woman who acted in "Ghoulies 3: Ghoulies Go to College" sent me a comment, as did the writer to "Blood Diner" who enjoyed the review, and I might have even pissed off a guy who was writing the Prequel to The Thing (cause I ranted on the subject...it may have been a nut, but I hope it was cause I would love to piss that guy off, prequel to The Thing = Very Shitty Idea).

But anyway....so far it's been fun and hopefully it'll continue for a long time :)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogger fold. I'm very interested to see your stuff over here as well.

    Good luck,
    R

    ReplyDelete